Friday, December 31, 2010

Laundry Room and A Closet

I don't think I have mentioned this before, but I haven't had my bedroom closet since I was about 6 months pregnant. My closet backs up to our master shower and the laundry room.

It all started when we were doing some remodeling in our master shower. Carl noticed the shower was dripping and thought a new shower head would do the trick. Nope, it wasn't really the shower head leaking. So, he took off the part that it on the shower wall that you turn it on and off with (not sure the real term for this). This is when he discovered the pipe was puttied together. Yep, puttied. We had to move all of my clothes into our spare room's closet so he and his buddy could cut a hole in the wall to fix the pipe. Please don't ask why that took so long to complete, lol.

Fast forward a few months. Hunter is born, Carl's work is stressful, I start my job. I notice that the laundry faucet is leaking. Carl discovered it has been leaking for a while. It has soaked the laundry room wall and, yep you guess it, my other closet wall. So still, no closet. Carl researches how to take out the walls, he even had a guy come and estimate the work ($3,300). Carl had enrolled a student who actually did drywall, and he said he would charge $100 to drywall both walls. So Carl removed the wall, removed the floor in the laundry room and the carpet in my closet. The guy came in and was finished in an hour. Carl was able to paint both walls, put in tile in the laundry room, and put up baseboards in the laundry room. He replaced the old washer connectors with nice, metal connectors (the old ones were aluminum and had rusted... the source of the trouble). I think we spent a total of $200 on this fix. After 4 weeks, awww, finally I had my laundry room back (thanks Mrs. Swann for allowing us to do laundry at your house!).
During... I have no before pictures, Carl had kicked Hunter and I out of the house during that process


Wednesday, Carl put my closet together. Yesterday, I put all clothes back in. It is so nice to be able to get dressed in one room. I don't have a picture of my closet because we have to replace the carpet in our room (since Carl tore out the carpet in the closet and some outside of the closet).

Thank you, Carl, for all the hard work you have put into this house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad it is all fixed. I like that tile.