Monday, November 21, 2011

Carl's Paper

Carl is taking a composition class this "mod".  He is writing a persuasive paper on one of my favorite subjects... sign language.  I was super excited telling him that he could interview me for his paper.  That idea was vetoed.  Boo.  Anyways... I was helping him find some good sources to use for his paper when I came across this lovely file (from the ASHA website... our governing board):


I think that every time a parent tells me that their friend's, sister's, ex-husband's former wife's son didn't talk because of sign language, I might just hand them this article.  Just joking, but I wish I could.  Maybe I will just say there has never been a study to show this to be true.

If you didn't know, I love sign language.  Hunter signs all the time along with saying the word.  He signs "baby" when he sees baby Alyssa.... I don't even remember teaching him that sign (he probably picked it up from Baby Signing Time).

Anyways... if you ever want tips or information on sign language, I will be more than happy to give you lots of information!  My goal is to become certified in ASL (one day).

No comments: