Monday, September 26, 2011

New Journey

Next week, Carl starts school full-time (along with continuing to work full-time).  He will receive his Bachelor Degree in Network Security in a little over 2 years.  He will go to school in the morning and then work from 1:15-9:45.  If he ever gets out of class early, he will go to work early, and, thus, get off early.

Carl is concerned about me be a "single-parent" for 4 days a week.  He is extremely nervous about not seeing Hunter, except in the morning before we leave, those 4 days.  I can handle the single-parent thing knowing he is going to accomplish this amazing goal (all while working himself crazy).  I'm concerned about how much Carl is going to miss Hunter.

The solution: Hunter and I will bring our home cooked dinners to Carl's work twice a week and have dinner with him.  Carl is also more than likely going to purchase an iPhone once it is time for his upgrade in December, so we will be able to have "face-time" on our phone (either that or we can Skype).

I am very excited about this new journey.  Carl worked so hard while I completed my graduate degree.  I just wish we were in a position that Carl could just go to school full time and not have to work.  He does think that he isn't going to go to his graduation ceremony... yeah, we'll see about that!

2 comments:

Brittney said...

That is amazing! I can tell you from my "single parent experience," that anything you can do to help them interact is great - dinner is perfect!

There are many, many times when Brian leaves for work in the morning and comes home after the kids have gone to bed at night. We try to carve out special time for them, and they each have a special stuffed animal from Daddy (a black lab) that they take to bed each night!

Amanda said...

That is AWESOME! Congratulations to Carl, what a great opportunity. I'll be keeping you all in my prayers, and let me know if you ever need anything from a distance...I can lend an ear if anything!

Isn't it amazing how much technology can keep us in touch with each other? Yay for face time! Best wishes on this new journey as a family!