Sunday, September 11, 2011

Always Remember 09.11.01

I can't believe it has been 10 years!  I posted this in 2009:

I can remember exactly where I was when I heard the news. It was my sophomore year in high school. I was walking to my biology class through our court yard. I passed two kids and heard one of them say, "Someone bombed the World Trade Center." I really thought that they were just joking and thought that that was a horrible and stupid thing to say. I'm pretty sure I muttered, "You guys are stupid" as I walked past (mature, I know). I walked into biology class and my teacher had the radio on and was listening to everything unfold. I couldn't believe what happened; I don't think I actually understood how tragic it was at that time. We did some busy work while we listened on the radio. I don't remember much else that day during school, except that every minute or so, someone was getting called to the office to leave. It wasn't until I got home that day that I realized all of what had happened. It is still hard to imagine that something like that could happen here.

Thank you service men and women for keeping us free and for risking/giving your lives for the freedom of our nation. Thank you fire departments, police departments, and EMS for keeping our cities safe.

Where were you?

No comments: