Saturday, September 24, 2011

15 Month Check-Up

Hunter had his 15 month check up on his 15 month "birthday".  Here are his stats:
-Height: 31.5 inches (75th percentile)
-Weight: 25 pounds, 4 ounces (90th percentile)

When I was telling my dad these stats, he said, "So he's short and fat?" haha.  He also said that he hopes Hunter gets Carl's height and not mine (trust me, we are all hoping for this).

Anyways, Mommy forgot my little "Hunter" binder in the car.  I realized this as I was filling out the yearly "up-date your information" paperwork.  I remembered almost everything I wanted to ask (or mention to) our pediatrician.

We are going to readdress the bowing in his legs at 18 months.  He said that his legs should straighten out with more weight baring.  He said that when he has referred this young in the past, they typically do not do anything.

He also said that children this young have not been around long enough to get outdoor allergies.  I'm not sure how much of that I believe; Hunter's nasty runny nose started at the same time Carl's and my allergies started.  Maybe it is a coincidence since he did start back at childcare that same week, but I have my doubts.  We can give him allergy medicine to help dry up his nose (which we do at night if he has had a really bad running nose during the day).

As our pediatrician was trying to listen to Hunter with the stethoscope, Hunter looked at him and said, "No!"  I guess that answered the pediatrician's question as to whether he was saying no yet.  ha

We had my our favorite nurse.  He tried to get Hunter to stand on the "big boy" scale, but Hunter wasn't having anything to do with him or that scale.  Hunter cried as soon as he and another nurse walked in to give him his shots.  As soon as the shots were over and they were walking out, he calmed down and even waved good-bye to Nurse T.

No comments: