Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bath Time Activity


I found this idea on Pinterest (you know you're addicted, too!).  I've been looking for fun activities to try with Hunter and have found quite a few good ideas.

All you need for this is some shaving cream and food coloring (optional, but so fun).  The food coloring didn't stain and easily washed off.  I used cheap shaving cream, the foamy kind, and the liquid food coloring (I read the gel kind doesn't work).


Hunter loved it!  After a while, I didn't even put the food coloring in.  I even got some speech "therapy" in.



Hunter had to ask for "more" and say/sign "please" (he typically does both).  I gave him two choices between colors.  He typically choose the second, which isn't uncommon.  We talked about what he was doing and what was going on (You're painting... it is fluffy... splash splash splash).  He soon discovered he could wash all the shaving cream off of his hands and I would ask, "Where did it go?!"  And pretty soon he was washing it off and asking, "Go?"

We did this for at least 30 minutes.  And we did it the next night, and the next, and the night after that.  Then Mommy ran out of shaving cream.  I'm going to have to go to the dollar store to see if they sell shaving cream.



No comments: