Friday, July 15, 2011

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

In the summer time!



Carl, Hunter, and I headed down to Corolla, NC for 5 days with Kelly, Harry, and Emma.  Mussel Beach was down at mile marker 23.  I think the longest part of the trip was the drive on the beach!

We could not have asked for a better week to go!  The weather was beautiful!  We had one day that was 104, so we headed to the aquarium in Manteo.  We spent most mornings on the beach and we went back a few evenings.

Hunter did very well.  He slept in his pack and play in a room across the hall and slept through the night almost all of the nights.  One night I had to go in his room and rub his back, but that was the only time.  It took him a bit longer to fall asleep, but I figured that would happen.  He wasn't happy most of the nights having his bedtime pushed back.  He went right to sleep when I put him in his crib tonight!  I think he was happy to be home!

I can't speak for Harry and Kelly, but it was nice to go on vacation with friends and not want to hurt each other by the end of it!  If she has excuses as to why she can't hang out for the next couple of weeks, I will know why, ha.

The next post will have lots of pictures!  Hopefully we will be able to do this again next year!

No comments: