Saturday, January 9, 2010

17.3 Week Appointment

On Friday we went for our usual doctors appointment. As promised last appointment, I did not ask my midwife to see the baby. Carl reminded me that we will be seeing the baby in 3D this coming Wednesday.

We listened to the heartbeat. Baby was exactly where I have been feeling movement. We could hear the lub-dub because she found it right over the baby's chest. Very strong heartbeat in the 140's. Which, according to old-wives-tale (as my midwife said) means it is a boy. Who knows. Although, we would find the heartbeat, and then hear the baby move away. This baby is very active! I am starting to feel him/her even more! I think I finally have Carl hooked on the boy name that I absolutely love! Fingers crossed. She said, "Oh, your belly is getting bigger!" lol. Although, I guess I gained a little more weight over the last few weeks then she would like. She said that it was okay since it was the holidays. I don't blame it on that; we were on the cruise during the holiday and really didn't eat much. We walked a TON (especially the 2 hours straight in Key West) while we were on the cruise. It was when we came back, and I didn't have work (remember, I run around with kids at work, and do b-day parties where I do even more running) for a week, and I went grocery shopping and bought, gasp, sweets. That is what did me in. Now that I'm back to my normal work schedule, and school starts back next week, the weight gain will slow down. Stupid vacation from work.

I had to get more blood drawn for the AFP test. Those ladies are so good. I didn't even feel the needle go in! It should take about a week for the results to come back. There is a fairly high false positive rating (from what I read) and if one thing is off in the calculations, then it can come back positive. I'm not going to stress it; no matter the results, it doesn't change the outcome.

Our next appointment is the Wednesday the 27th for the 20 week ultrasound.

And, like I said earlier, Wednesday we find out if this baby is a boy or a girl! I'm sooo excited! I can't wait to see this baby in 3D/4D.

17.3 weeks
-----------------------------------------------------
Went to lunch with Ashley, Devyn (you remember her.. the one I really would love to look like 39 weeks pregnant?!), and baby Ella this past week. It has been a while since I've seen Miss Ella and she has gotten so big! She just stared at us, and smiled, and took everything in. She was very good at lunch, until she got hungry. But, she did take the time out of being fussy to smile for our picture, haha.

Carl and I took Ryleigh to Naticus last weekend. Carl had never been, so he liked exploring the place as well. I ran into one of my parent/child mom's from the gym, and she said that for the younger ones, the Pirate exhibit was not very good (lots of artifacts, not a lot of play stuff), so we saved money by not going there. The walk from the garage in downtown Norfolk to Naticus was FREEZING! Ryleigh did very well and listened. She never asked me to buy anything when we were in the gift shop waiting for Carl to get our tickets. We watched a short film while we were there and she got to pet a Bearded Dragon at the end of it. She asked the lady sooo many questions: "Why him on your shirt?...What's him eat?...What him dos?...Why him nails painted? ...Why does he have to go back to his cage?...What dos him eat?" We later saw the same lady out and about in the museum, and Ryleigh proceeded to ask her what happened to the "dragon". She really liked the little boats that you can make paths for in the stream. She also pet a horseshoe crab and made a pirate map. We went to Chik-fil-a for lunch, and on the way home, she passed out in the car. I love her age because she is just so curious about everything! And she is a sponge; she remembers so much. When we went to pick her up, she asked if we were going to go over the big bridge to get to my house (which she hasn't been to in about 3 months, but she remembered we go over the High Rise to get to my house). Amazing.


Sorry there aren't more of her. These were taken with Carl's phone. I forgot my camera. :[

No comments: