Wednesday, February 22, 2012

20 Months

I can't believe in 4 short months our baby will be 2!  He has such a personality now and he learns new things every day!

Hunter loves watching and copying the older kids.  We recently started a second class at TLG at the Beast/Super Beast level.  He does so well following along with all the activities and actually will do skills with Mr. Randy (he refused to go near him for a few months when we would do make ups in his class).  Monday night was Airtrack (a big bounce inflatable, TLG's version of a trampoline).  What the kids are being encouraged to do is get on, bounce down to the end, get off, following the colored dots back to the beginning and do it all over.  Up until Monday night, Hunter refused to get off.  He thought he wasn't going to be allowed back on.  Not Monday night.  He followed the older kids right around, and then did it on his own.  I just sat back amazed.  He rode it up (when it inflated) without asking me to get on with him and rode it down (as it deflated).  He is also trying to jump.  He is getting up on his tip-toes and almost has gotten his feet off the ground.



Hunter's language is also starting to blossom.  He is repeating words that we are saying (which has really made us watch what we say) and words he is hearing others say.  He tries to use some of the words later on in a different context.  I'm still keeping an eye on his expressive language and "therapizing" him.

He is helping us dress and undress him (he has been doing this awhile, but I don't think I ever mentioned it on here).  He tries to put his socks and shoes on and can get his socks off, but not yet his shoes (unless the shoes are loosened).  He is showing sympathy towards others and does not like when others (even if they are on T.V.) are upset.  And he really doesn't like it when he has upset someone.  This weekend, he colored on Kelly's door.  Luckily, it came right off, but I told him no, explained we color on paper, and made him say sorry to Kelly.  I did not do this in a mean tone nor did I raise my voice, but Hunter was still very upset by upsetting others.

This weekend, Hunter woke up from his nap and told Carl, "Poop!" as he walked in.  Sure enough, Hunter has pooped.  He has done this a couple of times since.  I know he is definitely not ready for potty training (he doesn't care about his wet diaper), but I did get him a little potty seat.  He likes to sit on it and will ask to sit on it.  I tried putting him in the tub and as soon as he started to pee I told him to stop, picked him up, and put him on the potty.  But after about 30 seconds of nothing, Hunter said, "Done." and wanted back in the tub.  He then proceeded to pee in the tub, haha.  Like I said, not ready and I'm not going to stress nor am I going to push him.

He is a little jokester.  He does things just to make us laugh.  He will pretend to fall down while saying, "Whoa!" and then giggle.  If we laugh at something (or he hears anyone else laugh) he does his fake laugh.  He has no idea what is funny, but laughs anyways.


No comments: