Saturday, December 19, 2009

Baby Rhodes and Sisterly Christmas

Carl and I went to our doctors appointment on Friday. It was a really quick appointment, we reviewed the results of my blood work (all was good, I just have to get an MMR booster once I deliver because I lost my immunity). She found the heartbeat right away and it was strong. I asked if we would get to see the baby again, and we were able to. :] Peanut has really grown! "She" was in there jumping and spinning around and even had the hick-ups. I told my midwife I keep dreaming we find out the baby is a boy, and she said she thinks she may have seen boy parts when she first peaked. Hopefully, if the 3D/4D place that my sister and Kelly went to will do the ultrasound at 17 weeks, we will find out the sex the week of Jan. 6.



My sisters and I (along with Carl and Jeremy) did our Secret Santa exchange tonight. We all had a really good time (thanks Mel and Jeremy for hosting and having Jakes BBQ) and we all put a lot of thought into the gifts we give each other. You can go here to check out all the pictures from tonight's festivities. I picked Natalie and bought her flip-flops that you can change the straps. Carl had Jeremy, so he got him a drinking mug with hand painted tiki men on it (we have to finish the gift on the cruise by purchasing the alcohol for the glass). Natalie had Mel and got her a Longwood Soccer shirt along with some Darwin book or something. Jeremy purchased Carl a few rounds of golf at his favorite golfing place. And the best gift of all was from Mel to me... she got me a gift certificate for the 3D/4D place she went. Soooooo excited!! On a side note... Kelly, Harry, and Emma also purchased us a gift certificate at the same place :] I can't wait to see Peanut in all "her" glory and find out if I have to stop calling her a her. Thanks Mel, Nat, and Jeremy for being great family.

Carl and I (and Shrek... long story) leave tomorrow for Miami!! Hopefully we don't get snowed in or our flights get delayed/canceled! On Monday we get on our cruise ship and head for the Bahamas. I am so excited for 85 degree weather, I am not a fan of cold weather (which may change when I am 9 months pregnant and it is like 70 degrees). I will be sure to take lots of pictures.

No comments: