Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mother's Day and Birthday

So I'm a little late... but better late than never, right?

Mother's Day and my birthday were within a week of each other.  Carl did an awesome job! I usually know what I'm getting (because I pick it out).  This year I told him I wanted something that signified Hunter.  I had hinted at a ring with Hunter's birthstone, but the ones that we could find were either way too expensive or just looked cheap.  This one will have to wait until we are finished having babies.

He purchased a beautiful heart necklace with the closest color stone he could find to Hunter's.  I LOVE it!

He also took Hunter to Potts N Paints and they decorated a bowl (for my breakfast) and a vase.  The staff was wonderful with Hunter.  They helped him paint with a brush and with his fingers.  I love them.  I am terrified that I am going to drop them (I tend to drop dishes).


 




Carl got a separate card for me from him, Hunter, and Koal.  They were all funny.  Hunter picked out his... it is a monkey card that makes monkey noise.

For my birthday (and a belated birthday for Ashley), we went to dinner with Ashley and Chris.  Ashley made me a beautiful beach blanket!  She poured so much love into it.  She is super crafty!  Remember the quilt she made for Hunter?!  I can't wait to go to the beach and use it!  I think I will probably take the blanket to the front yard once the yard dries some to let Hunter play on it.  Hunter and I went to Potts N Paints and made Ashley a small platter.  Once it is finished being fired, I will post a picture of it (only after Ashley has it in her hands).  I did take a picture of it before it was glazed and fired and showed her at dinner.



Mrs. Cathy and Hunter also got me a very pretty necklace and earring set as well as a certificate with his foot prints (by the way, why isn't it "feet prints" if it is both?!) that is hanging in my office for my birthday and Mother's Day.

I feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends.  My first Mother's Day was wonderful!  I hope everyone had a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww! Sounds like a great mothers day and birthday.