Thursday, September 4, 2014

What We've Been Up To

This time of year always feels so busy to me!  It's back to school time, work evaluations seem to pick up when school physicals have been completed, it's birthday party season, and so much more.



Hunter started in the 4 year old preschool class at the same school he has been attending since he turned 3.  We absolutely love it there!  It is very rare that he ever clings to me (usually when the train table isn't set up, lol) and he always has so much to bring home and share. He amazes me every day with something new.  He will start a soccer shots program and a golf program at school, 1 day a week for 6 weeks. Carl and I would like to expose him to all the sports (except football, he will really have to beg me to play that) and let him pick the one he likes the most.  He will also start his sports skills class at The Little Gym this season.  He has been looking forward to that since I started back at work.  Soon he will also start feeding therapy at my work.  I can get other people's children to eat (that's what I love doing at work) but I cannot get my own child to eat.  I need someone else to look at him and help me develop a home program to get him moving.  I can't get him past the "lick it" stage.



Gavin has started with Miss Jessica 4 days a week and he is having a great time.  We love Jess!  He gets lots of loving over there and is entertained by Jessica's son.  Again, I have not worried at all about him while I'm at work and I love that feeling.  He is eating solids 3 times a day during the week and we try to give him solids every feeding on the weekends.  He is now eating Gerber sticks (like puffs, but they can be picked up and held easier) and has really gotten the hang of biting and munching.

Nothing new with Carl or myself really.  I've taken on another student at work.  So far (day one) she seems super sweet and great.  A really great thing is she didn't try to take a nap in my office on her first day!  That really did happen with my first student.  You can pick your jaw up off the floor now.

And.... Ashley finally made her big announcement, so I had to include it here!  She has started her own therapy business!  I am so excited for her!  Check out her business website and pass the information along to your friends.  She is especially amazing with kiddos with ASD.  She would certainly be my child's therapist if we ever had a diagnosis of ASD (well, and if we weren't friends, this creates a conflict of interest).
http://littlefishspeechtherapy.com/


Just some pictures of other things we've been up to...

About a month ago we met my family at the park to have one last big get together with the cousins before my brother's family moved to CA.



All 9 cousins


We had a birthday party and a fun Labor Day party this past weekend...




No comments: