Thursday, August 14, 2014

Grateful



I can not express how grateful I am for this woman.  Not only is she one of my best friends (really, family), but she volunteered to watch Gavin on her 3 days off from work.  When she sent me that text, I cried.  Big, baby, hormonal tears.

I was so stressed as to where Gavin was going to go.  I wanted someone Carl and I both trusted, someone who would cloth diaper, someone who would do my homemade baby food, someone I felt comfortable saying, "Please do this.... please don't do this... etc.... etc."  I don't think I even had to say any of those things to Ashley, she just knew.

I knew Gavin was going to be loved, snuggled, and stimulated the way I would at home.  I didn't even cry dropping him off the first day (and I'm usually an emotional wreck going back to work after breaks or maternity).

Gavin can be pretty tough, but Ashley always made a positive out of it. "He just needed some extra snuggles today."  What every mom wants to hear!

Ashley, there are no words to express my gratitude for what you have done.  I don't think there is a way to repay you.  Gavin has grown and thrived so much in the last (almost) 6 months with you.  I will probably cry on our last day tomorrow.  Thank you again for all you've done, we love you!

No comments: