Friday, March 21, 2014

Update on life

Since I haven't blogged in almost 2 years (besides Gavin's birth story), I guess I should update everyone on what's been going on.

Hunter:
He will be turning 4 in June!  I cannot believe that!  He has been going to preschool and absolutely loves it!  He is learning so much and Carl and I are very pleased with everything about the school.  The schools has little programs throughout the year where the kids come out and sing for the parents.  Hunter had to miss the one in October because he was sick but was able to be in the Christmas one.  He is still into dinosaurs (borderline obsessed).  He is an amazing big brother; he helps out when asked, loves on "his baby", and hasn't been phased by Gavin's crying.


Carl:
Finished school and now has his Bachelor's degree.  Woohoo!  His ceremony is at the end of this month.  I cannot wait to watch him walk!  I am so very proud of his accomplishment.  I know it was not easy for him to go to school in the morning and then work until 9ish every night.  He now has an IT position and says he is learning a ton.


Gavin:
Is almost 5 weeks old (where does the time go?!).  He will sometimes give us a 4 hour stretch at night.  He is smiling at us and trying to coo.  He giggles in his sleep but not when he is awake.  Most of the time we are getting his "serious face" throughout the day.  We have been trying to figure out a formula for him that doesn't make him uncomfortable.  Fortunately, and unfortunately, it seems Nutramigen works the best for this little guy (which is very pricey).  I've been trying to pump (since his latch is awful and he really did a number on me), but I'm not going to beat myself up over it.  Gavin may look almost identical to Hunter, but his personality is way different.  He has some colic and reflux and is a little high strung.  It will be interesting to see how he develops in comparison to Hunter.
1 month old
Tiffany:
I've been working for our local pediatric hospital in an outpatient setting almost 2 years and loving it.  I've learned a ton and have been able to focus on feeding.  I'm hoping to get trained for weekend rotations at the main hospital once I return from maternity leave (the week after this coming one... wahh!).  We (obviously) had another baby.  My pregnancy with Gavin was a lot different than Hunter's and I felt a lot more uncomfortable with him than I ever did Hunter.  I felt and saw Gavin's movements a lot more than with Hunter.


That about sums up where we are in life.  Trying to get into a good routine as a family of 4.  Going back to work should be very interesting, but Gavin will be in good hands.  He is staying with one of our BFFs, Ashley.  I cried when she offered to watch him because I was so stressed out as to where this little man was going to go.

No comments: