Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Spring Time Update



I've been slacking with the blogging (go figure). It's hard to find time to sit down and blog after working until 5, coming home, eating dinner, getting the boys ready and in bed, then trying to spend a little time with Carl before we head to bed. Blogging just doesn't always fit into that schedule.

Carl's job recently downsized. After 10 years with the company, he lost his job. It was a blessing in disguise. He hit the ground running looking for a job and landed one with a large, commercial real estate company. He is one of 5 (or maybe even 4) IT people for this company. They have locations in Richmond, Roanoke, Virginia Beach, Newport News, a few offices in North Carolina and South Carolina. The benefits he will be receiving are amazing. He is currently in a week long training and is enjoying what he is learning and the people he will be working for. I'm so excited for him.

Hunter has almost completed his last preschool year at GBMS. I'm so, so sad! My plan (when he was first born) was to have him go there through kindergarten, but life happens. He will go to our public school for kindergarten and an after school program until we can pick him up. He has really enjoyed his teachers and the school and I'm just a nervous wreck. I know he will be fine and this will be harder on me than him. I'm very comfortable with the staff, we know everyone, and I know he is very much loved there. Sigh. Academically he is doing great! He is in Reader 4, just finished his first math book (he is adding on his own without having to use the counter cubes now), and is in his second phonics book. I'm positive he is ready for kindergarten. I am so proud of that little boy. I had an awesome parent/teacher conference with his teacher earlier this month. I almost cried when we were talking about what he would be doing next school year. He will remain there in the summer though, so I'm very excited about that.





Gavin is still his crazy self. He has the biggest attitude I have ever seen on a 15 month old! I didn't know they knew to hit when they were mad or to throw something that has hurt/upset them! We don't hit Hunter nor does Hunter hit anyone, so I have no clue where he has learned this (maybe they are born with this and I just don't remember Hunter doing that). He is standing independently and can go from a crawl position to a stand independently. He is still not walking. I'm pretty sure he could, I think he just has to build the confidence. Once he does, I'm sure we are in all kinds of trouble! He is up to 50 spontaneous words and imitates just about anything you ask him to (and ones you don't). I'm very impressed with his language skills. Today he asked, "Buhbuh (Hunter) go?" when Hunter went into the play area at Chickfila. Yesterday it was, "My dada!" and "Dada kisses!" with /s/ in both places.



As for me, nothing new. Still at the outpatient center for the children's hospital. Love my coworkers and my kids on caseload. I have a good variety of disorders and have a couple of feeders now (for a while I had none). I also just earned another ASHA ACE. This means I've earned 70 hours of continuing education within 36 months. I was pretty shocked when I checked the mail yesterday and discovered that. I don't remember all those hours, but I apparently completed them!



And 10 years ago this month, Carl and I started dating. I cannot believe it's been 10 years! I can't wait to see what the future holds!


No comments: