Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy Wedding Day!

One of my very best friends got married on October 2. I was so happy to be able to be a part of her and her now hubby's wedding day.
Wedding day!

It was just awesome, sooooo Ashley and Chris. They were married in Ashley's parents' backyard, The Brown Wren Acres. Just so beautiful. But before the wedding happened, we had lots of things to do!

I don't know if you remember, but all week, even half of Friday, it rained. But, Friday afternoon, the skies parted and by the time Ashley walked down the aisle on Saturday afternoon, the ground was barely damp. AWESOME!

I unfortunately had to work Thursday and half a day Friday (being an adult is over rated), so I was only able to help with the To-Do-List on Friday night. Ashley and her maid-of-honor, Kat, got a lot of things and details done before Friday night.

We had a yummy rehearsal lunch Friday at Carrabba's. Hunter enjoyed hanging out with the bride and groom, not so much anyone else.

Friday night, after the bride and groom said their good-byes until saying, "I do!"...
The girls got to work. We made our bouquets (Ashley picked out beautiful flowers), made the centerpieces, made Ashley do her other items on a different To-Do-List, and had lots of fun bonding. We stayed up until about 1 AM. I can't tell you the last time I did that.
Making her bouquet
All of our bouquets
The centerpieces

Saturday morning we put the finishing touches on the bouquets, set up the tables, put all the centerpieces out, watched the family friends set up the chairs and dance floor, and got ready.

Mom and daughter

We (the bridesmaids) walked down to "Sweet Pea"- one of the groomsmen played it on his guitar and sang it. Ashley walked down to a song from Juno (very much her). Ashley and Chris wrote their own vows; Chris played the guitar and sang his to her (soooo sweet!). I wish I had remembered that I put a tissue in my dress because I definitely needed it.
"Kiss the bride"

After the ceremony, there was yummy food, dancing, corn hole, and catching up with friends. Devyn was nice enough to take a picture of Carl, Hunter, and I at the wedding. The picture from the actual ceremony is one I stole from Devyn. Carl was in charge of the camera, but he was busy with Hunter.


The wedding was beautiful. I am so thankful to have been a part of their special day. They are family to us and we love them so very much. Oh, did I mention that it started to rain the next day?! The only dry day was on their wedding day. :]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great wedding. Hunter is getting so big!